It’s Shrove Tuesday tomorrow (Tuesday February 21st) and that means many of us will be flipping pancakes!
Chef at The Urban Reef Restaurant Ben, has given us this pancake recipe. So if you fancy having a go and making some at home yourselves then just follow it.
The recipe makes eight, so it’s a good excuse to invite some friends over too:
- 250g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 500ml milk
- X2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl so it gets an airing.
- Next add the eggs, sugar and ½ of the milk. Whisk it all up together.
- It might be a little lumpy, but don’t worry too much, keep whisking and slowly add the rest of the milk until you get a nice smooth consistency.
- Leave the mixture in the fridge for 15 to 20 mins.
- Heat a pan and add a small amount of the mixture. Tip the pan from side to side to make sure you get a good even coating of batter.
- The mixture only needs a few seconds before flipping it onto the other side.
- Once cooked, slide onto a plate and enjoy with whatever treaty topping you like! Ben sprinkled some sugar on the pancakes, folded them into triangles and added seasonal berries and a dollop of ice cream on top. Delicious!
Send your pancake photos in to: email@example.com We’d love to see!