This recipe is from our wonderful baker Kay. Using some lovely herbs from our piece of land out in Sopley, the New Forest. Fairly quick and easy to make too! So here you go:
- 170g flour
- 125g butter
Rub the butter into the flour and add one or a mix of the following:
- 5g parmesan
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- Pinch of fresh or dried herbs – we use herbs from the Urban Farm out in Sopley!
- Couple of finely chopped sundried or black olives
- Squish your mixture together to get a smooth soft dough, careful not to overwork it though
- Rest – both you and the dough
- Roll out the mixture on a lightly floured surface until it’s approximately ¼ inch thick
- Stamp out 1 ½ inch rounds of whatever shape you fancy
- Place the rounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment (they do tend to keep their shape so can be placed fairly close together)
- Bake in a preheated oven on 175*C for approximately 20minutes until they start to colour. Please note, ovens vary in temperature, so please check the shortbreads as they bake
- Leave them to cool slightly and then enjoy!
We at Urban think these are lovely with a bit of cheese and chutney