Supporting local charities and organisations is very important to us here at Urban Reef, we like to respond to people’s requests for raffle prizes and meals for two and try really to try to help as much as possible.
Over the past couple of years we, along with our big brother Urban Beach, have supported the following (to name just a few!):
- Bournemouth People First: www.bournemouthpeoplefirst.co.uk
- Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance: www.dsairambulance.org.uk
- John Thornton Young Achiever’s Foundation: www.jtyaf.org/
- Julia’s House Children’s Hospice: www.juliashouse.org
- LV Streetwise Scheme: www.streetwise.org.uk/new/index.php
- Marie Curie Cancer Care: www.mariecurie.org.uk
- Myotubular Trust: www.myotubulartrust.com
- Stourfield Infant School: www.stourfieldinfants.bournemouth.sch.uk
- Willow Foundation: www.willowfoundation.org.uk/Home
However, we started to find that we were receiving so many requests for support and charity partnerships that our approach to dealing with them was a little haphazard! So a few of us got our heads together to have a think and we’ve come up with a solution which we feel makes the process fair to everyone that approaches us.
From now on in our monthly e-newsletter we’ll have a section completely dedicated to charities. We’ll feature two per month that have asked for help with a bit of blurb on each, along with web details so our readers can find out more if they wish. We’ll then ask our readers to vote for which charity they’d like us to support for the month and we’ll give away a raffle prize to the chosen organisation.
Hopefully you’ll agree with us that this is a rather good way for us to give a few charities a good bit of publicity each year
If you’d like to put your charity forward for this opportunity just drop a line to email@example.com with your details and we’ll be in touch.
Love the Urbans. Xx